Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED"-HE IS COMING AGAIN !

Jesus wants His people to be aware of and watch for the signs of His return, as it gives us the urgency to ready not only ourselves, but also reach out to the lost. 

The Lord gave us these signs of His coming not to frighten or alarm us, but to the contrary, to prepare, encourage and comfort us.

In John 14: 1-3 our Lord told us to “not let your hearts be troubled” because He has gone to prepare a place for us and is coming back to get us so that we may be with Him. 


 John 14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
 
In verse 27-28 of the same chapter, Yeshua again reassures us to not “let your hearts be troubled” as well as “do not be afraid“.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.'

This is consolation that we need not be fearful regarding His return. This is also assurance to us that He is indeed coming back again, to take His own to be where He is, in Heaven.

Jesus outlined to us many signs of the end of the age so that we could be encouraged instead of dismayed, when we see the world in a downward spiral.

In fact, knowing the signs of His coming can help give us His peace. As we see the world scene destabilizing all around us, we can know it is all in His perfect plan. 

We can be comforted as we see this chaotic, spinning out-of-control world, knowing that He will be soon coming for us as He promised.
So, instead of fear, seeing the signs coming to pass should give us hope, excitement and joy!

As the end time prophecies come to pass before our eyes, we can know just how very close we are to seeing the radiant face of our Lord as well as the wondrous things He has prepared for us!

1 Corinthians 2:9 Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.


With this realization, may we all ready ourselves and others for His soon return. 

May we turn our focus towards the things of the Kingdom and further away from the temporary distractions of our earthly and fleeting lives. 




No comments:

Post a Comment